Yuriko is not as tall as Takeo Gouda, but she has an afro haircut, in her own words, she is forty years old but with a body of a twenty two year old. She wears a purple shirt, and shorts reaching above her knees and she also wears a yellow apron covering all of her clothes.
Yuriko seems to be as selfless as her son, since she helped a pregnant woman that was giving birth before her, by carrying her to the delivery room. According to her son, she was also shown to be a mature woman, since she knew about Mr. Sunakawa's (the father of Ai Sunakawa and Makoto Sunakawa) heart condition ever since Takeo Gouda was in elementary school, but didn't say a thing.
- The name Yuriko means "lily" (百合) (yuri) and "child" (子) (ko).
- It can also mean "village of birth".
- Yuriko gave birth to a baby girl in Volume 6.
- Yuriko considers herself 22 on the inside but is actually 40.
- Takeo Gouda seems to have inherited his physique and sense of justice and helpfulness from Yuriko.